Saturday, January 18, 2014

Random date or no?

My Aunt Marie sent me this email this morning:

Hi Meg, 

Do you already know all this about St. Francis de Sales? Ask your mother about Sr. Francis de Sales. 

St. Francis de Sales is the patron of teachers, deaf people, Catholic press, confessors, educators and authors. He began his life as a scholar who earned a doctorate in both theology and law. St. Francis de Sales then received a call to the priesthood and, despite the disapproval of his family, was ordained and began his career as a prolific writer and preacher. He was blessed in his ability to return Calvinists to the faith through his simple and clear explanations of Catholic doctrine. Furthermore, he used sign language to convert the deaf and helped found the Order of the Visitation. Saint Francis de Sales is a Doctor of the Church for his writings. His feast day is January 24th

Love you, Aunt Marie



AND...Fr. Vince who wants to come to my defense (on JAN. 24th) is a priest at my church here in NC.  The order of priests at my church are the Oblates of St. Francis De Sales....Goodness Gracious!!!

I couldn't help but marvel at the coincidences here...!!  Somehow knowing this background information is giving me more confidence for my defense but please do keep me in your prayers during the upcoming week!  Pax!

3 comments:

  1. Meg, allow me to add another interesting point. Your grandfather's sister,a sister of St. Joseph from Baden, chose the name Sister Francis DeSales when she took her vows. She would be your great aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I mean Sister Marie De Sales.

    ReplyDelete